http://monalisainsurance.com/too-many-insurance-questions-or-a-little-extra-time-and-effort-for-better-coverage-and-prices/ Thanksgiving Turkey: Are you bored of just eating chicken ? If you look at most fitness professionals their diet will contain a lot’s of lean protein sources -Chicken- Egg Whites- Whey- Tuna
The problem many people have is that this diet becomes repetitive and boring – and that is why people struggle to stay on a clean diet.
One great addition to your diet should be TURKEY
Thanksgiving Turkey- not just for thanksgiving – here’s why:
- Low Calorie
- Excellent source of lean protein
- Low fat
- Excellent source of vitamins and minerals
A 100g serving of Turkey provides :
- 187 calories
- 28.9g protein
- 7.02 g fats
- 0g carbs
Where chicken will provide you with more protien per gram it also contains more fat
Turkey is an excellent source of folic acid, Vitamins B, B1, B6, Zinc and Potassium. These nutriets:
- help maintain low blood cholesterol levels
- protect against cancer
- and cardiovascular diseases.
- Help the proper functioning of the immune system, nervous system and regulation of blood pressure.
- Turkey also contains the amino acid trytophan which helps the body to produce seretonin -which is important in regulating sleep cycles and mood
- Turkey is also an excellent source of selenium, which is essential for thyroid hormone metabolism.
- the dark meat/ and skin as these are higher in fat
- Turkey is also high in sodium so avoid eating too much